1. Do you believe that the logic behind the Prime Directive is sound? Discuss.
2. If you were in a situation where following the Prime Directive would kill millions, but abandoning it would save a planet, would you keep to the Prime Directive?
3. If you could have any position on a starship, which would you choose?
4. Which Captain (that has been given a series) would you want to serve under?
5. If you had the choice between captaining a small science vessel and captaining a large battleship, which would you choose?
6. Which of the 5 categories (Engineering, Command, Medical, Science, Security) interests you the most?
7. If you were the Captain of a starship in the same position as the Voyager (stuck in an unexplored sector of the galaxy, 70 light years from home), would you keep to the Prime Directive, knowing that you would not be alive when the ship reached civilization, or would you abandon the Prime Directive, and embrace the possibility of reaching home far quicker?
8. Would you prefer to live planetside, or in space?
9. If you were on an away mission, and your communicators suddenly went dead, what would you do?
10. How patient would you be able to remain in the face of a being that believes itself to be a god?
11. If there was a war on a planet that you could end with no further casualties, would you end it? Even though doing so would violate the Prime Directive?
12. Do you believe that the Prime Directive should have elasticity?
13. If you were not in a position of command, and several officers began exhibiting violent xenophobic tendencies toward non-human members of the crew, what would you do? How about if you knew that neither the Captain nor Starfleet would do anything to stop it?
14. Would you prefer to be a Captain in a very corrupt government, or an Ensign in a relatively uncorrupted government?
15. A species on the brink of destruction due to a genophage that harms only that race asks you, the Captain of a starship, for medicine. You can help them, but you know that if you do, in 200 years, they will enslave and kill another race. Do you give them the medicine?
16. You are far from the Federation, and on a planet, when you receive a transmission. The transmission informs you that 50 armed and dangerous savages have taken one of your away teams consisting of 8 people hostage. The savages demand your ships CMO in exchange for your away team. If you do not comply, they will execute their hostages. What do you do? Does your answer change if their hostages are not your crewmembers, but natives to that planet?
17. You and two crewmembers are stranded on a class-M planet. None of you are particularly valuable members. The planet has many dangerous animals that will, given time, kill you. The starship you serve on has just been called to deliver medicine to a colony in dire need. Because of the nature of this particular class-M planet, it will take some time to rescue you. However, the colony will be completely wiped out if the starship doesn't haul ass halfway across the quadrant. Do you demand that they waste precious time, and lives, rescuing you, or do you sacrifice yourself and your two teammates to save the colony?
18. What improvements do you think could be made to the way the Federation runs? Do you consider the Federation to be corrupted and xenophobic, given that most high-ranking officers are human males originating from a certain area of Earth?
19. Would you trust yourself with the Captaincy of a starship carrying over 1,000 crewmembers?
20. Given the existence of non-hostile aliens, do you believe that an organization akin to the Federation would appear between said aliens and humans?