reasons why you should love leonard mccoy
- the accent
- the little bouncy thing
- his eyebrows have gotten a gold medal in gymnastics
- eye bags have never looked so good
- his hair is always carefully parted and combed neatly
- his smile, though rare, lights up the room like a star going supernova
- unfailing tenacity and outright refusal to let his patients go without a fight even in the face of certain defeat
- but most of all you should love him because he is the third member of the triumvirate, rounding out spock’s logic and jim’s ethics with emotion because all three are a necessary part of the human condition. because under all that bark there is absolutely no bite. because leonard mccoy will do anything to keep his family safe, even sacrifice his own life if necessary. because he makes mistakes but he’s good enough to admit that he was wrong. because he hesitates and doubts himself sometimes, but overcomes those doubts and fears to carry out his duties spectacularly. because shoving leonard mccoy abruptly into a tiny corner to focus the limelight on spock and jim and their special relationship undermines the equally important relationships that mccoy has with spock and jim.
- because leonard mccoy deserves to shine with the same brightness that is attributed to the other crew members
Can we please just all take a moment and think about how snails are the cUTEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. HOLY SHIT.
you’d think the Star Trek fandom would be a very intelligent and philosophical fandom but instead we all just sit here like
Came across the phrase 両手に花 today. Literally “a flower in both hands” or figuratively “flanked by two beautiful women.” It made me think of McCoy in Shore Leave.
"I’m afraid I’m going to be difficult to explain in any case, Captain."-Spock, The City on the Edge of Forever